Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Feline Inflammatory Bowel Disease in Cats
Avoid the following ingredients in foods:
Do feed: Poultry and rabbit
Read the ingredients on foods carefully because they often contain mixtures of different meats.
Avoid dry foods.
2. Probiotics: Consider probiotics. We recommend Fortiflora which can be found online as well as at vet clinics.
3. Vitamin B12 injections: Some cats have a cobalamine deficiency and respond to B12 injections that are given once weekly initially and then less frequently.
4. Checking a stool sample is prudent, because cat can occasionally have intestinal parasites.
5. Treating with a parasite medication that eliminates parasites not easily detectable is also advised.
6. Antibiotics such as metronidazole can be helpful.
Posted by Feline Health Articles at 4:44 PM